[Cos-top] hyperbolic 3D spaces with cubical FDs?

Ralf Aurich ralf.aurich at uni-ulm.de
Mon Mar 4 12:42:09 CET 2019

 Hi Boud,

although I have no firm answer to your question, I suppose that this is not the case.
You do not specify what is "compact spaces", manifolds or orbifolds? In the case of
orbifolds, there are tetrahedrons and these can be glued together to obtain other
spaces. For example, in Physica D 92 (1996) 101, we consider the tetrahedron T8,
which can be glued together to obtain a pentahedron. However, I do not know
whether you can combine them to get a cube. In the case of manifolds, I think no cube
is known. Although the Dehn surgery leads to many space forms, this remains as an
open question. The Weeks and Thurston manifolds are constructed by hand, so even
the manifold with the smallest volume is unknown.

Cheers
Ralf