[Cosmo-media] festiwal nauki (fwd)

Boud Roukema boud at astro.uni.torun.pl
Fri Apr 16 13:33:30 CEST 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Bartosz Lew wrote:

> On the other hand, I think, even having detedted primordial
> non-gaussianity in CMBR mae not imply a must for nontrivial topology -
> since many more elaborated  inflation models (trying to avoid the fine
> tuning problem) can  introduce non-gaussian signal. In that cases the
> probability of some particular  multiconnected topology detection falls.

i definitely agree that significant non-gaussianity in the CMB is
not *sufficient* to show that there is observable nontrivial topology.
It's also not a very good test for topology.

But there are many people claiming the observation of non-gaussianity
is there in WMAP, independently of what the physical explanation is.