studenci Krakow/ZG

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Czw, 8 Sie 2002, 16:31:25 CEST

Cze¶æ Krzysztof,
   The students from Kraków/¯.Góra will only officially start in
the radio group during the second two weeks of their visit, but since
once of the best ways they can learn about astronomy research -
including cosmology research - includes learning how to find and
analyse observational data, and this includes them talking to
each other in and writing "reports" on their ideas, i asked Andrzej
Strobel if it could be possible if you could give these students
computer accounts right now, and from the radio group, we could
help straight away by providing them a mailing list using the
"sympa" robot, which would archive all of their email messages
automatically in html files, like these:

http://www.astro.uni.torun.pl/sympa/

In fact, one or two of the students could be the list manager(s),
this can work perfectly OK even if they only have accounts on
astri machines. (I think...)

I would be happy to spend some time with them getting them started,
but you'd need to tell me/them what disk usage is possible/reasonable.

They could of course use the mailing list for discussing spectroscopy
to start off with, and then radio stuff / cosmology later... It's up
to them to take the initiative.

Pozdrawiam
Boud

PS: This message will (hopefully ;) be publicly archived here:
http://www.astro.uni.torun.pl/sympa/cosmo-torun/2002-08/thrd1.html