Conference Announcement (fwd)

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 8 Mar 2002, 09:59:13 CET

An important topic!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
> Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:01:49 -0500 (EST)
> From: Thomas Reiprich <thr4f w virginia.edu>
> To: "Conference, Cooling Flows":  ;
> Subject: Conference Announcement

Dear colleague,                                        March 5, 2002

this is the First Announcement of the Conference on

* The Riddle of Cooling Flows in Galaxies and Clusters of Galaxies *
*                   which will take place at the                   *
*               Omni Hotel, Charlottesville, VA, USA               *
*                 from May 31 through June 4, 2003                 *

Note that future announcements will ONLY be sent to people who
pre-registered through
http://www.astro.virginia.edu/coolflow/preg.php

Recent observations have significantly broadened our view on
cooling flows in galaxies and clusters of galaxies. The wealth of
new information through observations has led to a flourishing
development in theoretical modelling. The purpose of this conference
is to summarize relevant observational results at all wavelengths, to
compare the predictions of models and simulations to these observations,
and to assess the impact of processes in cluster cores on the
application of galaxy clusters as cosmological probes.

All further relevant information has been posted at the conference
web page

* http://www.astro.virginia.edu/coolflow/ *

If you are potentially interested please take a short moment to fill
in the pre-registration form to ensure receiving future announcements.

We apologize if you received this Announcement more than once. This
Announcement was originally sent on March 5 but due to a mailing problem a
very large fraction of the recipients did not receive this mail.

Sincerely,

  Thomas Reiprich

If you don't have access to the WWW you may contact
Thomas Reiprich by
phone: +1-434-924-4904,
fax: +1-434-924-3104,
or snail mail: