Another confirmation of the existence of dark energy.

Andrzej Marecki amr w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pon, 25 Mar 2002, 14:59:28 CET

[...]

> So... could you please create the following list, with a configuration
> similar to the others (no access restrictions):

OK, but... tomorrow. ;-)

> BTW: I'm confused about your earlier message (but I'm restricting the
> thread to cosmo-torun, I don't think it's interesting enough for all
> Polish cosmologists ;) ...). On the page:
>
> http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0203/22expansion/
>
> there is:
>
> > New evidence: expansion of universe is
> > accelerating
> > ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY NEWS RELEASE
> >
> > A team of UK
> > and
>
> Seems to me the RAS is responsible for the document.

Yes, it's on http://www.ras.org.uk/press/pn02-06.htm and this is IMO
absolutely OK (whoever stands behind RAS). This is IMHO *not* making
propaganda - I'm sure that there are members of RAS among those 27 people
listed in the masthead of the MNRAS article so RAS has a right to "be
proud" of them and their publication in RAS's own journal and so RAS has a
right to issue a press release on *their* website. By the same token we
we have a right prepare press releases on ours.

Why spaceflightnow.com reposts RAS PRs? - is a good question.
Would spaceflightnow.com repost TCfA PRs? - is even a better question. :-)

A.

--
Andrzej Marecki                |
Torun Centre for Astronomy     |   e-mail: amr w astro.uni.torun.pl