RL/RQ quasar dichotomy

Andrzej Marecki amr w astro.uni.torun.pl
Wto, 28 Sty 2003, 09:33:53 CET

Paper: astro-ph/0301526
From: Cirasuolo Michele <ciras w sissa.it>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:52:07 GMT   (391kb)

Title: The Radio Loud / Radio Quiet dichotomy: news from the 2dF QSO Redshift
  Survey
Authors: M. Cirasuolo, M. Magliocchetti, A. Celotti, L. Danese
Comments: 11 pages, 14 figures, accepted by MNRAS

[...]

----- End of forwarded message from send mail ONLY to astro-ph -----

This paper uses the modern surveys: FIRST and 2dF to show (or rather
confirm):

1. SMBH mass is _not_ responsible for the radio loudness.
2. The alleged RL/RQ dichotomy is a selection effect - there is a continuum
   of possible levels of radio loudness.

My 0.03 PLN: I will still like the term "radio-loud" for those AGN which
occupy the particular part (side) of that radio loudness continuum.

--
Andrzej