open zwicky proposal - deadline Mon 7 July 2003

boud boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pon, 30 Cze 2003, 17:05:30 CEST

Hi everyone,
   I think people have had enough time to see how wiki pages work
internally

http://adjani.astro.uni.torun.pl:9673/zwicky/

and how they work externally where anybody at all with internet access
can modify pages

http://pl.wikipedia.org

So I think it's time to have some open zwiki (or other wiki software)
pages on adjani for organising things like:

- cosmic topology research
- cosmic standard ruler stuff
- OCRA coordination
- other research projects
- cosmo/extragalactic session at http://www.pta.edu.pl/zjazd
- other conferences

where there's no point creating a new password for everyone who might
want to make a comment or change something.

So this is my proposal. Please provide comments, a modified, improved
version of the proposal, or if you really think this goes against the
purpose of why we are here - observational cosmology research - then
you may *block* the proposal, but in that case you take responsibility
for having blocked. (This is the style of consensus decision-making,
for anyone who forgot...)

pozdrawiam
boud

PROPOSAL for open (z)wiki pages.
DECISION DEADLINE Mon 7 July 2003

It is proposed to have some wiki pages, separate from the present pages

http://adjani.astro.uni.torun.pl:9673/zwicky/

For example, with a name

http://adjani.astro.uni.torun.pl:9673/open/

to make it clear that it's an open zwiki.

The purpose will be to organise things like

- cosmic topology research
- cosmic standard ruler stuff
- OCRA coordination
- other research projects
- cosmo/extragalactic session at http://www.pta.edu.pl/zjazd
- other conferences

where cosmologists (faculty, postdocs, students) from outside of TCfA
will be able to contribute to pages, update them, etc.  Although
hypothetically this means that web surfers might write rubbish on the
pages, in practice there will hopefully be enough real cosmology users
on the pages that any rubbish will quickly be removed by the real users.
The example of http://pl.wikipedia.org shows that this is possible and
practical, with good results.