[Cosmo-torun] domain names we use here are ridiculously long?

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 1 Paź 2004, 17:26:49 CEST

Witam,

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Andrzej Marecki wrote:

> > So for the moment please use:
> >
> > cosmo-torun at adjani.astro.uni.torun.pl
> >
> > or use the alias
> >
> > cosmo-torun at cosmo.torun.pl
> >
> > The cosmo.torun.pl alias should also work for the adjani www pages - the
> > general domain names we use here really are quite ridiculously long IMHO.
>
> I've seen longer ones in .jp domain. :)

Tak, tak, wiem.

> BTW, cosmo-torun at adjani.astro.uni.torun.pl, although a "real" address,
> should - IMHO - remain somewhat "hidden". I think that
>
> cosmo-torun at cosmo.torun.pl
>
> is the most concise/elegant form and mailman w adjani should promote _this_
> one.

OK, done. At least, i've done some things which should set this up in postfix
(which i did earlier) and in mailman, and so far it seems to work. :) But
please report any problems.  i haven't yet done anything in apache - if anyone
wants this done urgently, please just say so.

pozdr
boud

PS: andrzej - you can alias the other lists from @astro to @cosmo.t.p
- if i've done things OK, then everything is now installed on mailman.

BTW: Please avoid putting an email address in spammable form in the content
of an email e.g.  astronomowski w domain.domain2.pl  since anti-spamming is
only done for the header and the listinfo page. Otherwise listadmin needs to
edit this by hand... Thanks.