[Cosmo-torun] Re: Journal Club

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Wto, 19 Paź 2004, 15:09:58 CEST

Witam,

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Bartosz Lew wrote:

> Just as a remark to our discussion on the DAMA results and Boud's
> talk last friday I recommend this paper hep-ph/0210370 for a nice review
>  in the field and for comparison between what DAMA has detected and what
> limits come from other experiments.
>
> As for more technical review there is a nice short paper:
> astro-ph/0402033

Nice background :).

The problem is that none of these papers deal with the interactions
between mirror matter and normal matter. According to eq.(5) of
http://de.arXiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0308254, the high atomic weight (and to
less extent the high energy detection threshold) of the detectors of
most experiments (e.g. Edelweiss) would not detect either H' or He',
although Edelweiss could detect O'.

So their parameter space plots are invalid for mirror matter: they
ignore the physics of detection.

Anyway, i've put some more details on the twiki:

http://adjani.astro.uni.torun.pl/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Cosmo/NonBaryonicDarkMatter

including a short fortran script.

Of course, we cannot claim the result as definite without a lot more
convergence of independent experiments, preferably by independent groups of
people.

This is the challenge to see if we can think of an independent experiment.
E.g. something in stellar physics.

pozdr
boud