[Cosmo-torun] Re: [Cosmo-media] the shape of the universe (fwd)

Andrzej Marecki amr w astro.uni.torun.pl
Czw, 16 Lut 2006, 15:52:01 CET

> A boycott by just one person is not a boycott.

Yes, but denying boycott, even in that "useless" form, you support them!
You help them fill their pages and... make money.

> Does refusing debate with organisations supporting human rights violations
> support or damage our goals?

All I can say is that talking to them you give them credit. Then they can
proudly say "Look, top scientists talk to us. So we are credible". But THEY
ARE NOT!!! Look at that %$@##&% bull.... they print in "Fakt". What I'm
really afraid of is that talking to Newsweek you give them copyright to
reprint what you've said in "Fakt".

--
Andrzej

P.S. More than once I was asked to talk on Radio Maryja, one of the nastiest
and extremely dependent medium in this country. And I declined each and
every time! No-one knows (until now ;-) I did so. So that was not a true
boycott according to your definition. But I did so because I didn't want to
give them credit.

--
a.