[Cosmo-torun] Porozumienie "Kosmologia i czastki elementarne" (fwd)

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Wto, 10 Paź 2006, 14:13:57 CEST

hi cosmo-torun,

We as the CA-UMK group of the cosmo-pp network need to choose, by this
weekend (15.10.06), between Mariusz Dąbrowski and Marek Zrałek as
"przewodniczący" of the cosmo-pp network.

The vote seems to be confidential, though each group presumably has its own
way of deciding.

i suggest informal discussion by whatever means
(email/face-to-face/...) and attempts to get informal consensus -
consensus probably better *not* on public lists/twiki if it's about
personal stuff of the two candidates, but IMHO it can be public if it's a
meta-level question (e.g. should we ask questions to the two
candidates?)

i suggest the following procedure (since we won't necessarily get consensus):

* everyone who wants to "vote" email me his/her vote before the deadline

* i will publish the names of the people who vote and which candidate has
the majority - if it's 50:50 i'll toss a coin.

If someone wants a more formal or structured process, then please
propose it.

Both candidates seem fine to me, so i don't expect this to be terribly
controversial, but as a matter of principle, i prefer it to be more
participatory rather than less participatory.  After all, in the long term
this sort of thing does have an effect and jobs and cosmology funding.

See http://arxiv.org: hep-ph, astro-ph, gr-qc for Mariusz' and Marek's
scientific work. For their experience as moderators, i guess you need
to look elsewhere.

pozdr
boud