[Cosmo-torun] advanced summer school on computational astrophysics at Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland, 11-25 July 2010

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pon, 8 Mar 2010, 11:09:40 CET

witam cosmo-torun

Our colleagues in the optical group have got together
with some galaxy formation people and are organising a simulation
workshop this northern summer (July 2010):

http://supercomputing.astri.umk.pl/

Ben Moore is one of the key people doing galaxy simulational work
since a long time ago. Romain Teyssier does adaptive tree code
work AFAIK - his program RAMSES is here:
   http://irfu.cea.fr/Projets/Site_ramses/RAMSES.html
It is wolne oprogramowanie, under the CECILL licence, which is
GPL-compatible under section 5.3.4 of the CECILL licence:
   http://www.cecill.info/licences/Licence_CeCILL_V2-fr.txt

i think that many of us could be interested in participating or at
least listening to a few talks. i'm sure that Michal Hanasz and the
doktoranci will tell us if they prefer us to formally register or not,
though of course, i'm sure there wouldn't be things like registration
fees for local participants. We should think of organisers' practical
side of making sure that there are enough seats or computers
available, etc. but i don't expect that that would be a huge problem -
e.g. eduroam access for laptops should presumably be available at the
Maths building.

pozdr
boud