[Cosmo-torun] the Universe is old and old age caught up with Allan Sandage :(

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 19 Lis 2010, 10:51:14 CET

hi everyone,

I think I heard at least one conference talk by Sandage.  Some of the
more senior people here may have known him better. I'll just quote
the Wikipedia summary for the younger people among us:

    Allan Rex Sandage (born June 18, 1926 in Iowa City, Iowa, died
    November 13, 2010) was an American astronomer. He was Staff Member
    Emeritus with the Carnegie Observatories in Pasadena,
    California. He is best known for determining the first reasonably
    accurate value for the Hubble constant and the age of the universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Sandage

pozdr
boud