summary 14/04/2002

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 12 Kwi 2002, 16:30:06 CEST

Cze¶æ wszystkim,
   In today's lecture we regrouped, the two groups were

Rafa³/Jacek/Hubert/Micha³-F

Marcin/Pawe³/Boud

In my group, Marcin and Pawe³ looked through some of the subroutines
in cosm.tar.gz and nrec.tar.gz and I tried to explain what the important
ones did, and in the other group people tried compiling.

* documentation
It is clear that I have to write some good documentation, and quickly,
so that everybody is not slowed down by illegible programs...

Rafa³'s suggestion for documentation:
- what the program/subroutine does
- what external program calls there are
- what data it uses

* reference books
Other discussion was about reference books for modern cosmology, some
of the good recent books are:
- Peebles
- Liddle
- Peacock

Maybe someone could find out if we have these in our library, or who
has borrowed the copy(ies) of these.

Another reference book we should have is Numerical Recipes.

Probably later when we have some grant money, we could follow
IUCAA/IAP type policy and have something like 2-3 copies of each of
these key references. (But this also requires trusting each other -
the books are expensive and need to be shared around and kept track of
by the library!)

Of course, online references cost nothing, though of course it's nice
to have printed books.

I think online sources are probably the best for correlation functions
and w_q.

* computer access
Andrzej M - could you coordinate with Hupert to tell him about what
modem access we have, if any? He lives in a small town 30km from Toruñ
and apparently has no local facilities except his own PC.

OK, watch this space for documentation, let's see if I can get organised...

Pozdrawiam
boud