documentation; What name for our package?

Andrzej Marecki amr w astro.uni.torun.pl
Śro, 17 Kwi 2002, 10:18:42 CEST

> ShapeUniv  - SU
> + easy to say

Agree!

> - confusion with SU groups of superstring theory?

Maybe...

> - confusion with Soviet Union?

Well, maybe. But since *that* SU has gone and we all know it has,
then it's no longer a problem, I think.

> DarkEnergy - DE
> + easy to say

Agree!

> - confusion with the name of a neighbouring country?

I see NO problem here!

Now, how about merging these two? We have a few options here:

1. DESU. Again it's easy to say but (depending on the pronounciation
adopted) it may sound like a French word. ;-)

2. DEUS (dark energy + Universe's shape). Hmmm, "deus" is a latin word
which may suggest we are... theologists.

3. SUDE. Better now?

[...]

> KoperNik - KN

No, please...

> - too many things are called Copernicus in Toruń & Poland

YES!! (In Torun roughly a dozen.)

> - pretentious?

YES!!!

> Well, I've spent enough time on this, I'm sure others have some
> ideas.  I'll put "DE" for the moment - we can change this later
> with a shell script depending on what people choose.

I also vote for "DE".

--
Andrzej