-lX11

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Śro, 22 Maj 2002, 15:07:01 CEST

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Michal Frackowiak wrote:

> OK, that should do the trick I think.
>
> > PS: I forgot to tell everyone that Micha³ proposed adding his SNe data
> > analysis routines to DE later on when he has time!  Sounds like a good
> > idea to me :), though it will require some work...
>
> ... I donot think 'some' is a proper word for matching 2 different
> packages ;)

;)

> but pros are:
> - ready statistical tools for analysing data (based on maximum likehood)

which would complement the direct null hypothesis tests which will
hopefully be obvious by version DE-V0.03 in DEplotcorrnall...

> - snia data analyzer module

yep, nice

> - cmb anisotropies data analyzis

well, to be more precise, data analysis of *some* statistics of cmb
anisotropy data (e.g. the C_l spectrum), I don't imagine you're analysing
cmb data (maps) itself...?

> these packages combined can serve as a full cosmological package...

Well, maybe we could use a more modest term, e.g. "a more balanced
observational cosmology research startup kit" ?

> meantime I have an idea about wrting trmendously extra fast package
> generating cmb power spectrum somewhat similar to DASh but much more
> convinient and simpler. I estimate getting a cmb spectrum in parts of a
> second based on smart-compressed grid of models (seem not to have be
> dense). I am fed up with CMBFAST.
> but I will have more time only after finishing my mgr...

OK, in my way of thinking it would be good to think of the documentation
including links to good introductory URLs on the subject, like Wayne
Hu's pages, so that the whole package is more usable by beginners
and that the whole learning/research process can become more open
and accessible to students.

> Boud: I think I got the grant! That's unofficial...

Great!

Pozdrawiam
Boud