-lX11

Michal Frackowiak michalf w ncac.torun.pl
Wto, 21 Maj 2002, 16:38:59 CEST

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Boud Roukema wrote:

> Micha³, there are comments regarding "-lX11" in the makemake file
> in DE-V0.02.
>
> Do you think these are sufficient, or should we put them somewhere
> else?  My idea is that the user should edit the makemake file,
> and not the makefile itself, for things like PGPLOT environment
> variables, libraries like  X11, etc.
>
> Boud

I think the best way would be to create a GNU hierarchy - e.g. Makefile.in
and configure... This could autodetect the hardware and create a proper
Makefile.
But for now I think makemake should be enough. But perhaps you should add
a line like that:

# uncomment the following line for inclusion of PGPLOT and X11 libraries
# LIBS='-lpgplot -lX11 -L"/usr/X11R6/lib"'

Works fine for me (tested on linux).
In some free time I can dig some automake docs and see if it is worth
converting to gnu configuration.

Michal