all those constraints

Michal Frackowiak michalf w ncac.torun.pl
Wto, 14 Sty 2003, 19:32:16 CET

Boud Roukema wrote:

>BTW, Michał just used the word "predict" in the way many people do,
>to "predict" a value we already have measured. A more careful word that
>some people now use is "postdict". Or you can simply say "imply",
>which is a purely logical word, without any connotations on philosophy
>of science.
>
>Think of "I predict that the ZSRR will collapse around 1989-1991" or
>"I predict that there will be a major political revolution in France
>in 1789." Those are not predictions.

In the sense that all the "constants" and "parameters" directly follow
from the theory without any need for experiment. independently. the
theory of everything should e.g. give the values of plank's constant,
cosmo constant, grav constant etc... and should not contain any
adjustable parameters.

regards - michal