l_p ~ \Omega_tot^-1/2

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Śro, 8 Paź 2003, 18:49:22 CEST

cześć,

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Michal Frackowiak wrote:

> 1. PLEASE attach a .ps or a .pdf if you are going to present many
> formulas!!!! hard to render them on-the-fly and... why?

Or write them to a scratch TWiki page linked from

http://adjani.astro.uni.torun.pl/cosmo

with %$\int_{-\infty}^\infty e^{-\alpha x^2} dx$% i.e. using
%$ latex expression $%

> 2. "why is l_p proportional to \Omega_tot^-1/2"
> it is not. it is an old formula for a matter-dominated universe as I
> remember. forget it. some people still use it (peacock). dig some ads or
> astro-ph stuff.
>
> 3. sonic speed in the relativistic plasma is c/sqrt{3}. right? ;-) BUT:
> c_s is NOT constant at that time. it is not that easy and I would rather
> start with learning what people have already done than playing
> hide-and-seek with numbers.
>
> THESE QUESTIONS ARE ALREADY ANSWERED ;-) - and answers were applied to
> soft such as CMBfast which you use often ;-)

In other words, "dig some ads or astro-ph or CMBfast code". ;)

Certainly learning what other people have already done is a good idea -
but being skeptical about it is also useful and helps in understanding.

E.g.:
http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0310186
Cosmological parameters and the WMAP data
Authors: Antony Lewis

which supports the claim that the WMAP data is not as easy to interpret
as is claimed by the official team...

pozd
boud