bbn reloaded

Bartosz Lew Bartosz.Lew w astri.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 13 Lut 2004, 16:05:04 CET

"Solving the Crisis in Big-Bang Nucleosynthesis by the Radiative Decay of
an Exotic Particle"

    Erich Holtmann1,2, Masahiro Kawasaki3, and Takeo Moroi2
    1Department of Physics, University of California, Berkeley, California
94720
    2Theoretical Physics Group, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, University
of California, Berkeley, California 94720
    3Institute for Cosmic Ray Research, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 188,
Japan
Received 6 March 1996

We discuss a new mechanism which can solve the crisis in standard big-bang
nucleosynthesis. A long-lived particle X (104 sec <~ tau X <~ 106 sec)
which decays into photon(s) will induce cascade photons, and destroy
significant amounts of D and 3He without destroying 4He or too much 7Li.
We numerically investigate this process and derive a constraint on the
properties of X such that the theoretical values of the primordial
light-element abundances agree with observation. We also present some
candidates for the unstable particle X.

Phys. Rev. Lett. 77, 3712?3715 (1996)
[Issue 18 ? 28 October 1996 ]

--------

well, I didn't read the whole thing but this sounds a bit discouraging.
It seems that BBN mae not that "stable" as everybody belives. Maeybe there
is still something missing in there, and yet all cosmo society dumb belive
in so-called bbn constraint on Omega_b*h^2...

maeybe in library there will be the whole thing.

bart.