[Shape-univ] topology vs inflation --- back to study :)

Bartosz Lew blew w astro.uni.torun.pl
Nie, 23 Sty 2005, 03:47:24 CET

hi everybody.

here I present an argument which I've just come to.

the basic question is: is the compact topology consistent with the
inflation. my argument point out that there is a chance that the answer
could be not necessarily :)

well, one of the prominent predictions of the compact topology is that
the power spectrum of fluctuations should have a cut off at some
topological size scale since the size of the fluctuations must fit into
the the finite size of the fundamental polyhedron. eg.
some wavenumber k and some related with it distance -  corresponding to some eigenmode of
the gravitational potential must be smaller than the size of the
fundamental domain.

On the other hand the inflation predicts that the eigenmodes of the
gravitational fluctuations are independent from scale and yield gaussian
distribution. this is inconsistent with the compact topology idea, isn't it ?

what do you think about it, Boud, anybody ?

pozdrawiam,
Bartek