[Shape-univ] loose thoughts on topology and nongaussianity

blew blew w th.nao.ac.jp
Pon, 22 Maj 2006, 06:58:33 CEST

Hi Boud,

I've  just had such a though.

If we assumed some multiply-connected space-time within some model (eg.
dodecahedral) then my question is whether is leads to nongaussian (NG)
features in CMB. I think it definitely should.
Such spacetime, gives a modified power spectrum of fluctuations, limited to
fundamental domain size and there should be repercusions of this size
in harmonic modes that are natural multiple of that size. Then given a feature
at one length scale should automatically give features at other scales -
hence vialation of gaussianity. This could be investigated by bi- or
tri-spectrum optimalized for these particular perturbation modes that come
from the model. Given NG simulations one could estimate the sensityvity of
this approach.
This is also a test of the multiply connected space hypothesis.

Is that right ?

What I would need is to have a full fourier space of perturbations with
topology encoded in it.

pozdr.
Bartek