ODP: [Cosmo-spotka] proposed text for pre-registration announcement

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Wto, 4 Kwi 2006, 12:46:46 CEST

hi all,

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Agnieszka Szaniewska wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Andrzej Marecki wrote:
>
> > My contribution to the discussion of possible dates is included below.
>

> >             Marek    Mariusz   Włodek  Andrzej  Boud  Agnieszka
> > 12-13 May    YES      NO         YES     yes           yes
> > 19-20 May   weak no   yes                yes           yes
> >   2-3 June  weak no   NO                 yes           yes
> >  9-10 June  weak no   yes      weak no   yes           yes

Well, my assumption was that a blank means "yes" or "weak yes", but
thanks for confirming anyway :).

Under this assumption, IMHO this confirms 19-20 May as the best option.

Agnieszka - thanks for the corrections on
http://cosmo.torun.pl/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Cosmo/CosmoPlMeeting2006

Does someone know how to say "Please redistribute this announcement as
appropriate." in Polish?

i put some green for the polish text on the twiki only because i don't
know how to say it :P - "odpowiedny" seems to be similar. The thing
is, we don't want to ask people to spam (like a chain letter) but we
do want to suggest that people circulate the invitation further to
people likely to be interested, e.g. to particle physicists in poland,
etc.  Maybe "Proszę poddaj dalej gdzie _______ ".  If we don't put anything,
there is *some* risk that people take this as an "invitation-only" meeting
and don't think of sending the message to others.

"appropriate" in this context is a short, polite way of saying "but be
sensible, don't spam this announcement everywhere"

Any "appropriate" ;) suggestions of a sentence? Either email or edit the
twiki directly.

pozdr
boud