[Cosmo-spotka] coincidence: poland and ukraine meetings complement each other

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 7 Kwi 2006, 16:47:19 CEST

dear cosmo-spotka and gravcos,

Chance has it that we have two short cosmology-related meetings just a few
days apart:

Fri-Sat 19-20 May, Torun: http://cosmo.torun.pl/Cosmo/CosmoPlMeeting2006
Wed-Fri 24-26 May, Kyiv: http://www.observ.univ.kiev.ua/grav2006/first_announ.html

Our cosmo-pl meeting is mainly aimed at getting Polish cosmologists
together, so we don't expect many international visitors (but it would
be great if they attend), but if you want an extra "argument" to
encourage foreign visitors to make the trip to Ukraine, you might
suggest that they combine the two meetings with a few days sightseeing between
Toruń and Kyiv. :)

i added a link to the Kyiv meeting as a section "see also" at the bottom
of http://cosmo.torun.pl/Cosmo/CosmoPlMeeting2006

Personally, May is already quite busy for me, so i don't think i'll be able
to go to Kyiv - sorry. But i thought you might be interested in the coincidence
and the possible argument for "encouraging" undecided participants.

In the future, please feel welcome to send announcements of interest to Polish
cosmologists to our announcement mailing list: