Fwd: U Chi: Microwave Background Announcement (fwd)

boud boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 20 Wrz 2002, 06:52:08 CEST

CMB polarization discovered?

Notice how the journalist manages to convert:

"it's in line with theoretical predictions."

into a much stronger statement:

> verifies the theoretical framework that supports modern cosmological
> theory.

But i guess the DASI people will need to struggle to get as much
media attention as MAP...

i haven't followed the debate on CMB polarization, so i don't
know how seriously a detection can constrain any models. Maybe
Micha³ F has done some reading on this...?

pozdrawiam
boud