[Cosmo-torun] looking for hints on velocity distribution of electrons in relativistic jets

Bartosz Lew blew w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 12 Lis 2004, 15:32:25 CET

Hi everybody,

I'm interested if anybody has some quick nice references or ideas
regarding - as in the subject - what the velocities in relativistic
jets can be - what this can depend on from theoretical
considerations/modelling?

The bottom line is, can we have some constrainst on these velocities from
models, or models and ovservations (if so - what observables are needed)
and what this can depend on ?

Is it very bad to assume that these can span from say some arbitrary
value to one in \beta space with flat statistical distribution ?

Can we have some hints on this distribution ?

Motyl, I could use your help here ?
I don't have time for getting through tons of papers.

Bartek