[Inhom] inhom newsletter February 2019

Boud Roukema boud at astro.uni.torun.pl
Sat Feb 16 00:25:56 CET 2019

hi everyone,

WORKSHOPS:

     * 7-8 May 2019 @QMUL gevolution users and developers meeting
     https://www.qmul.ac.uk/spa/astro/events/gevolution-meeting/

     * 14-19 July 2019 @Toruń - Inhomogeneous Cosmologies IV - (announcement below)
     https://cosmo.torun.pl/cosmotorun19.html

     * (Two weeks earlier, for beyond-GR rather than inhomogeneous-GR cosmology:
      1-5 July @Warsaw - Beyond General Relativity, Beyond
      Cosmological Standard Model
      https://indico.cern.ch/event/778333/ .)

JOBS:

     * DEADLINE 22 FEB 2019 (REMINDER)
     12- to 24-month inhomogeneous cosmology postdoctoral positions at TCfA Nicolaus
     Copernicus University
     https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/368908

Inhomogeneous Cosmologies IV

During 14-19 July 2019 we are gathering experts in inhomogeneous
cosmology for a small workshop of about 30 participants at Nicolaus
Copernicus University in Torun, the town where Copernicus was born. We
wish to map out the most promising directions for analytical,
numerical and observational investigations aimed to take into account
both structure formation and cosmological expansion within the
constraints of general relativity. Can we clarify the physics present
in the relativistic cosmology software now being developed? Are the
calculations artificially constrained or are they fully relativistic?
Can we achieve accurate postdiction of cosmological observations and
follow up by making predictions for the upcoming decade of new major
survey projects? We expect vigorous, constructive debate between
"one-percenters" and "order-unity" proponents, and practical hands-on
sessions of free-licensed inhomogeneous cosmology software packages.

Feel free to redistribute this announcement. Check the CosmoTorun19
website or subscribe to the inhom newsletter to know when registration
is open.

More info: https://cosmo.torun.pl/CosmoTorun19

Contact: cosmotorun19 at cosmo.torun.pl

Organising committee: Boud Roukema, Eloisa Bentivegna, Krzysztof
Bolejko, Thomas Buchert, Mikolaj Korzyński, Hayley Macpherson, Jan
Ostrowski, Sebastian Szybka, Eleonora Villa, David Wiltshire

Topics will include:

  * exact cosmological solutions of the Einstein equations
  * averaging and backreaction in cosmology
  * numerical cosmological relativity
  * observational tests

Cheers
Boud