[Cosmo-media] how GazWyb got interested in our paper

Boud Roukema boud at astro.uni.torun.pl
Tue May 25 14:39:23 CEST 2004

witam,

Apparently GW initially heard about the CSSK paper in PRD or, it
seems, a related paper in Nature - Staszek then redirected GW to a more
interesting paper - ours :).

This makes more sense in understanding how the dependent media work -
they generally only start from stuff which is officially distributed
from up above by the Politbiuro ;), and this was no exception. In some
cases they then ask local officials for confirmation, and in our case
the "local official" happened to have a dissenting opinion. :)

But then they want to publish quickly, before the excitement from the
Politbiuro announcement becomes "old news", which is why there is not
much time to negotiate press releases where the people who really know
have time to prepare something and to insist on something like a link to

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kształt_Wszechświata .

Anyway, given the circumstances, i think Staszek got a good result. :)

pozdr
boud