introductions

Boud Roukema boud_roukema w camk.edu.pl
Śro, 19 Gru 2001, 00:29:46 CET

Hi Motylek,

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Marcin Gawronski wrote:

> You can add next scientific fields of research :
> a) population of weak radiosources
> c) origins of AGN's
> b) evolution of galaxy clusters and groups, and it's connection with AGN's

Good. These are things I hope to get into, starting from galaxy formation
models with realistic cosmological initial conditions and making the
connection with AGN formation, my GPL (GNU public license) galaxy
formation software which anyone can play around with is here:

http://www.iap.fr/users/roukema/ArFus/

But to me it seems that there is a huge amount of bits of
observational information available, and there certainly lots of
organising and correlating and understanding which is possible in existing
datasets, let alone future datasets, and I would be interested in
using just a tiny bit of computers organising power to organise through
these ideas, taking a bit of the load off our feeble neural networks.

In any case, it's not a project I could do alone...

>  I must notify  that from January to June I will be at JITRA in JBO,
> Macclesfield but I try to keep in touch with You.

OK, which makes this mailing list especially useful sooner than I
expected! Once you're there, or now if you like, if you tell us the IP
number of the computer(s) you use we can open up the web archive to
that IP number. That way you can have the option of just looking on
the web every week or so, and suspending email delivery (if there's
too much email). I think there's an option to suspend email delivery,
while remaining on the list - just ask sympa, who is quite sympatyczny
(IMHO - in my humble opinion).

Cze¶æ
Boud