prosba o komentarz (fwd)

Michal Frackowiak michalf w ncac.torun.pl
Śro, 15 Paź 2003, 14:50:52 CEST

Marcin Gawronski wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Boud Roukema wrote:
>

>>hi everyone,
>>  i definitely think we should respond to this - but i would prefer
>>it to be a collective response - there's no reason why only my name
>>should be cited - e.g., we could at least have the official "team"
>>

> hello all
>
>I think Boud is the man in the position to say something about this
>stuff. From my point of view I'm not sure that the quality of data is
>sufficient to be convicted about validity of these results. It's all.
>
>cheers
>
>mpg

I am SURE the data is not convincing. but people get excited even if
there is only 1 sigma difference between theory and observations.
theoretists have very little to do since everything matches perfectly
and even 1 sigma is an event... in case of cmb and low multipoles - with
a slightly different analysis it does not give such exciting results ;-)

regards - michal
forgive me but I am quite sceptic about this all.