virtual particles

Bartosz Lew Bartosz.Lew w astri.uni.torun.pl
Pon, 2 Gru 2002, 15:31:52 CET

hi
I think that virtual parcicles were introduced so they could explain some
mechanims and stuff and to have such a thing that doesn't interact with
(unless some special conditions - strong grav. fields in black holes
outskirts) with nothing
and doesn't influence on anything since they live so short. So in such
approach this energy (which would be positive) even if maeybe real we
cannot use in any
way nor even distinguish it's presence (which is why we call the energy
virtual).

afterall I think we have enough problems with DE, DM, labmda, that why to
bother with another form of energy :)

ps. if I know well virtual particles borrow some energy from spacetime so
this new positive energy would be balanced with some negative-energy debt
in space, I quess.
In case of no fields, virtual particles which appear always with their
anitparticle counterpart would anihilate (canceling their bills
with space) before rest of the world would
realised (noticed) that anything happened.

pozdrawiam

Bartosz Lew			e-mail: szajtan w astri.uni.torun.pl
					szajtan w phys.uni.torun.pl
Centrum Astronomii UMK			szajtan w poczta.onet.pl
TORUN, POLAND			www:	http://www.phys.uni.torun.pl/~szajtan