xi(r) from P(k)

Gary Mamon gam w iap.fr
Czw, 13 Cze 2002, 21:45:57 CEST

Hi everyone,

For my talk at the IAP colloquium on July 2, it would be nice if I could
show the xi(r) expected from the 2dFGRS and 2QZ P(k)'s (that are quite
similar). I want to see how strong and where will the wiggles be in the
xi(r) derived from the P(k).

Does anyone have time to do this? By the way, I don't understand the
formulation given in Peebles's book (1993, PoPC), eq. 21-40 (p. 509).
If P(k) = <|delta(k)|^2>, then shouldn't the right-hand-side of the 2nd
line in eq. 21-40 be sin(kr) instead of sin(kr/(kr)?

	cheers

	Gary

P.S. I agree with Boud that doing ML estimation or chi2 estimation on
xi(r)s is dangerous because the separation bins are not truly independent.