-lX11

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Śro, 22 Maj 2002, 16:07:14 CEST

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Michal Frackowiak wrote:

> > > - cmb anisotropies data analyzis
> >
> > well, to be more precise, data analysis of *some* statistics of cmb
> > anisotropy data (e.g. the C_l spectrum), I don't imagine you're analysing
> > cmb data (maps) itself...?
>
> sure - just from cl spectra, but my soft is now integrated with CMBFAST

OK, which AFAIK does not analyse CMB maps (but I only looked at it
briefly once several years ago)...

> > OK, in my way of thinking it would be good to think of the documentation
> > including links to good introductory URLs on the subject, like Wayne
> > Hu's pages, so that the whole package is more usable by beginners
> > and that the whole learning/research process can become more open
> > and accessible to students.
>
> I don't think newbies use f77... but thinking about gui now is a bit to
> early I think

For those who don't know:

gui = graphical user interface

If you know something about programming gui's, preferably in a
GNU/Linux type environment, then I'd prefer that you can teach the
rest of us sooner than later. (Of course, after your mgr is finished.)

I think that gui's could accelerate learning efficiency and
speed by a huge amount, and this way we could hopefully decrease
the stress of exams for the students who have to do exams and let
them concentrate on the fun of learning itself...

It also means that *I* could finally have time to learn some of the
physics that I've always wanted to learn but never had time to, thanks
to using GUI's to better organise the information and the
explanations...

Cheers
boud