comments from Charlie Lineweaver

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Pią, 31 Maj 2002, 13:23:25 CEST

Cze¶æ wszystkim,
   Gary is giving talks on RMB02 in Australia on Monday and Tuesday:

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Gary Mamon wrote:

> Hi Boud,

> > With the better z-distribution, the 122 peak is back. With a vengeance. ;)
>
> Ah? Which better z-distribution? Has Brian Boyle and colleagues released
> a larger sample of quasars now? If you have any new plots on this, please
> send them at least by Monday morning your time, so that I can show them
> for my Mt Stromlo talk (the Macquarie one will probably be less well
> attended).

Gary, you should be able to download, compile and run  DE-V0.04

http://www.astro.uni.torun.pl/~boud/DE/

The format is somewhat similar to ArFus - there are html help files
etc.

Macquarie: Mon 3 Jun
 http://www.physics.mq.edu.au/talks/index.html
(Some wrote "10QZ" instead of "2QZ-10K" ;)

Stromlo: Tue 4 Jun
http://msowww.anu.edu.au/astronomy/ozcalendar.shtml

shape-univ course:
Qn 1
I think we should discuss this afternoon whether we are ready to show
some of our new results at these two talks! (It's the old question
of what level of "paranoia" - about others taking our results before
they are published - is reasonable.) IMHO, I think that Gary should
show the new results.

Qn 2
Should Gary invite people at the lectures to download DE-V0.05 (which
should be ready by Monday) and have them play with it? MSZ, yes,
but I'd like to know what everyone thinks...

See you in 1/2 an hour,
Boud