about the variability

Magdalena Kunert magda w astro.uni.torun.pl
Czw, 20 Lut 2003, 14:13:46 CET

The predicted quasar luminosity function calculated by integrating the
time spent by a quasar in each luminosity (which I have shown) depends on
redshift.
When we want to calculate the age of the radio source (activity period) we
need to know the redshift and we need to assume some Hubble constant.
First we always calculate changes in the angular separation between some
radio components (hot spots), but when we want to know the velocity of
these changes and the age of the source we have to assume some
cosmological parameters.

Magda