[Shape-univ] start making more money in just 2 weeks

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Śro, 7 Cze 2006, 12:55:44 CEST

Bartek,

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Sebastian Soberski wrote:

> spam?
>
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Bartosz Lew wrote:
>

> > what the hell is this ?
> >
> > b.

There's no such user mqmsz. Someone faked the From address and his/her
ranking in spam databases is not (yet) high enough to be high probability
spam.

There's always going to be a compromise between being more open to
encourage discussion of cosmology by younger students who don't yet
know about self-organising mailing lists (and older faculty who don't
want to know ;) and being closed to spammers (or, potentially, people who
could become disruptive, flaming etc.).

Please read this email again - the cosmo-torun list was too closed for one
of our students and too open for spammers, so there's no simple, naive
solution:
http://cosmo.torun.pl/pipermail/cosmo-torun/2006-June/000364.html

Remember that the astri lists are very tightly controlled - i'm not sure
it's in anyone's interests to make the lists that tightly controlled just
because of a couple of spams.

Anyway, the person/people who spammed in the last few days has a
systematic behaviour pattern in his/her/their emails, so i've added a
spamassassin filter rule (which i can send to anyone interested
offlist - who knows, the spammers *might* read this email list).

pozdr
boud