[Shape-univ] just a note and a small caveat

Bartosz Lew blew w th.nao.ac.jp
Pią, 9 Lut 2007, 04:13:33 CET

hi shape-univ,

I see there's a debate going on on the shape-univ about the circles stuff.

I see that Zbyszek has problems with compilations stuff
/configuring/making/compiling/including dynamical, static libraries/ setting
pathes/ environ variables etc or whatever

first thing:
I've been trough this too and I consider this as a serious hole in the
programming course in the studies at UMK !!! this should be changed as soon
as possible at the undergrad. level

programming is not only writting one's own code but also (or maybe primarily)
including smbodys others code/ objects/ libraries and it SHOULD be taught !
IMHO. and it isn't also writting makefiles, making configuration scripts etc.

second thing - not quite my bussines but:
Boud (,Zbyszek),
unless Zbyszek deals with the circles packege only for learning how to handle
with the software things, you should stop him from doing that !
It's a WASTE OF TIME since I hear his subject is not topology, but grav.
lensing and cosmic strings. !
I see it now how little time there is to do anything on the PHD course, and
there's NO time for looking around. :(

pozdr.
Bartek