Torun cosmology group

Boud Roukema cosmo-spotka at astro.uni.torun.pl
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:33:40 +0100 (MET)

Hi Andrew, Peter,
   In case it didn't get to you on the grapevine yet, I'm now a faculty
member at the Toruń Centre for Astronomy at the Nicholas Copernicus
University, Toruń, Poland! Thanks for all your support when I was at
Sussex - I can now finally get stuck into science and forget
job-hunting :-). Right now I'm just settling in,
getting to know the students and faculty, and seeing how we can go
about building up our observational cosmology group.

Have a geek at:

http://www.astro.uni.torun.pl/sympa/

to get some idea of where we're at so far. If you or any Sussex people
feel like coming over to visit, give a seminar, etc., just send an
email to our publicly archived list:

cosmo-spotka@astro.uni.torun.pl

introducing yourself and say you'd like to visit. We haven't really
thought through how to welcome visiting cosmologists yet, but there
are lots of good pubs in Toruń, and I'm sure we can develop an
appropriate visitor culture...

Cheers
boud

PS: (to Toruń people): Andrew does inflationary cosmology and other
such theoretical stuff (but is also interested in observational
constraints ;) ), Peter does galaxy formation simulations - you'll find
their stuff on astro-ph anyway.