[Cosmo-spotka] proposed text for pre-registration announcement

Boud Roukema boud w astro.uni.torun.pl
Śro, 29 Mar 2006, 15:12:30 CEST

hi everyone

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Boud Roukema wrote:

> PROPOSAL for the COSMO-PL MEETING PRE-REGISTRATION!!!!
>
> The proposed text is here:
> http://cosmo.torun.pl/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Cosmo/CosmoPlMeeting2006PreAnnouncement
>
> and also pasted below.
>

> Please either reply here on cosmo-spotka or edit the twiki for
> any changes, corrections to the po polsku, either serious changes or
> trivial changes.
>
> Marek (Biesiada) - are both of these dates OK for you?
>
>    * Fri-Sat 12-13.05.2006
>    * Fri-Sat 19-20.05.2006
>
> If yes, then we can add "Katowice" to the list of cities from which
> (at least one cosmologist) has said that he intends participate on either
> of these dates.

Marek was out of contact for personal reasons - he's back now, and
says that 12-13 May would be *much* better for him than 19-20 May.

This means we no longer have any free parameters in the date - 12-13 May
are mutually acceptable to at least one cosmologist from each of:

Szczecin
Katowice
Toruń
Kraków

and i'm sure at least some of the Warszawa people should be able to
make it, especially since there are many of them :).  So there's no
longer any need for a pre-announcement, instead we need to work on the
announcement, taking up some of the text from the pre-announcement.

IMHO something like the following should be enough to show to other
people that this is a "serious" enough meeting that it should be useful
to participate:

Confirmed speakers include:

Marek Biesiada (U Śląsk)
Mariusz Dąbrowski (U Szczecin)
Włodek Godłowski (OA-UJagelloński)
Andrzej Marecki (UMK Toruń)
Boud Roukema (UMK Toruń)
Agnieszka Szaniewska (UMK Toruń)

i don't see any point writing prof/dr/hab etc. - the point is cosmology,
not titles.  Agnieszka - would you be ready to give a DM talk ? By now you
probably know the two experiments as well as any other Polish cosmologist,
so i think we would all learn something from a presentation...

How about aiming to have a text ready during the next few days - so that
we can send it out Monday or Tuesday 3-4 kwietnia ?  This gives people about
5 1/2 weeks warning - not much, but this is not a big conference anyway,
just a small meeting and hopefully it will not be the last. :)

i'll propose a text hopefully by tonight...

pozdr
boud